Tuesday 21 January 2014

Winter Essentials

As winter goes by, you will realise that there are some essentials needed to help your skin survive the cold winter weather. These are just a few of my winter beauty essentials.

Ginger Sparkle Body Butter (Body Shop)
Pink Grapefruit Body Butter (Body Shop)
Garnier Intensive 7 Days Body Lotion 
In the winter your skin tends to get dryer. So you need to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. I find the the body butter form The Body Shop is great for keeping your skin hydrated and isn't one of those body butters that make you stand around waiting for it to soak in. It soaks into your skin fast and makes your skin extremely soft. The Garnier body lotion is another one that soaks into your skin fast and leaves your skin feeling moisturised and nourished for 7 days..just like it says on the bottle, except I like to moisturise each time I shower which is every day.
Vaseline Essential Moisture Hand Cream
Vaseline Healthy Hands and Stronger Nails
Ginger Sparkle Hand Cream (The Body Shop)
I don't know about you but my hands get extremely dry during the colder weather. I feel as if I am constantly putting ion hand cream. The Vaseline hand cream leaves your hands feeling soft and hydrated, which means I don't need to keep applying it every 10 minutes. The Body Shop hand cream, not only has an incredible scent of ginger, but also leaves your hands feeling nourished and hydrated. 
Nivea Pearl Shine
Nivea Essential Care
Baby Lips Intense Care
Soft, hydrated and plump lips are the best lips. I find that the cold weather makes my lips chapped and dry, which I hate and probably mostly everyone else out there too. I apply lip balm at least 7 times a day including before I go to bed. I like for my lips to feel soft and not dry. Babylips do a fantastic job of keeping your lips hydrated and healthy. As do Nivea. I have tried out so many lip balms over the years and I always seem to forget about them and buy new ones. It's ridiculous. But I've narrowed it down to using these three. 

So I hope this gives you and idea of what I find essential for winter to keep my skin hydrated. I would also recommend making yourself the best cup of tea ever, in order to keep your insides warm. I like my tea milky with 2 sugars:) Make sure to wrap up warm when going out: woolly hat, gloves, scarf and a coat to keep all the warm in your body. 
Hope the winter days have been good to your skin,
Loullabella <3






No comments:

Post a Comment